Documentation for Nimbus beacon chain users and developers.
The Nimbus beacon chain is a research implementation of the Beacon Chain – the core system level chain at the heart of Ethereum 2.0.
Open sourced at github.com/status-im/nim-beacon-chain
Specification described at ethereum/eth2.0-specs
In this book, we will cover:
- An introduction to the beacon chain and Nimbus to equip you with some basic knowledge.
- Installation steps outlining the prerequisites to get started.
- Become a Medalla validator: If you generated your signing key using the eth2 launchpad, and wish to import it into the Nimbus client, this page is for you.
- How to run the beacon node software to sync the beacon chain.
- How to generate keys, deposit, and become a validator in eth2.
- The API for monitoring your node through
- Advanced usage for developers.
- Common questions and answers to satisfy your curiosity.
- How to contribute to this book.
Feel free to give us feedback on how to improve :)
This documentation assumes Nimbus is in its ideal state. The project is still under active development. Please submit a Github issue if you come across a problem.